Registration for e4e summer courses begins Wednesday, May 20.
Click here to see a flyer of the courses being offered. Classes begin Monday, June 8.
**Pursuant to NAC 391.075, credits used for license renewal must be:
- Directly related to a person’s current license, or in an area that will enhance the effectiveness of that person’s teaching; or
- In a subject for which shortages of personnel exist, as determined by the State Board of Education; or
- Part of an approved program leading to an advanced degree.
21CLD & CUENV Summer Camp 2015 is June 17-18!
A 21st Century Learning Retreat for Teachers
CUENV Summer Camp exposes teachers to a variety of 21st century tools and resources that can be used in the classroom to increase student engagement, productivity, and learning. Each day will begin with a 75 minute plenary session followed by 2 90-minute breakout sessions. Teachers select from 4-6 choices for each breakout time. There will be a lunch plenary session, followed by the third 90-minute breakout session. Each day will end with another 45-minute plenary session including whole group reflection activities. Tools which support 21st century learning dimensions of Collaboration, Knowledge Construction, Real-World Problem-Solving and Innovation, Use of Technology for Learning, Self-Regulation, and Skilled Communication.
Teachers will earn ONE Nevada inservice credit for recertification and payscale movement.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Lisa Johnson
Keynote: "Cooking Up a New Recipe for Learning"
How can we use modern technologies to impact student learning? Lisa Johnson reflects on the evolution of educational technology and serves up multiple integration examples showcasing the transformational power of technology and how it can be used to create and assess while building a culture of inquiry and collaboration. Pedagogy and Perspective will definitely be front and center on the menu while we discuss cooking up a new recipe for learning. Get ready to whet your app-etite for iLearning!
Lisa will also be doing THREE breakout sessions on Wednesday, June 17th.
- Student Publishing and E-Portfolios
- Activating the Device Neutral Classroom
- Curating and Creating with Care
Here's a SNEAK PEEK at some of our breakout sessions:
- Webinar Bar: Choose from over 40 webinar workshops created by WCSD's 21st Century Learning Division and go at your own pace.
- Exploring 21st Century Competencies and NGSS Engineering and Science practices
- Flipped Learning: changing the learning process to student directed
- Using Social Media Tools to build your Personal Learning Network
- Livebinders Changed My Life
- Portfolio Pursuit: Blogs as Portfolios for Students & Teachers
- Technology to Increase Your Club’s Communication, Event and Budget Management
- Intermediate Google Forms
- Creating and Using iBooks in the Classroom
- Basic Gaming in the Classroom
- Turn your class into quest! Gamifying Your Curriculum for the Year
Tickets are $75 and include the following:
- Admission to Summer Camp
- One-year membership in CUENV (includes all CUE member benefits)
- Lunch on both days Select your food preferences HERE
- ONE Inservice credit
- Raffle ticket to win awesome prizes
- BONUS: SUPER FUN learning and expanding your personal learning network (priceless)
Each day runs 8:00-4:00. Please arrive by 7:30 for check-in.
This event is co-sponsored by: Washoe County School District's 21st Century Learning Division http://www.wcsd21.com/
Welcome to our
We are proud to host online professional development
from these partners: